Autofluorescence was request on a patient with Choroideremia and while reviewing the results I noticed that the remaining retinal islands looked symmetrical. Using Photoshop I developed a way to overlay the left eye over the right to see if the pattern of the retinal island matched. I continued to collect images with the same pathology to see if this was consistent with the disorder.
I put together the patients images in a format that would be both informing and visually interesting illustrating the symmetry.
I presented the artwork to one of my colleagues who was working on a study focusing on Choroideremia. They requested me to produce a revised version using the results from the trial to accompany their paper.
To view the paper, please click on the link below.